PrayerPrayer mats are small, easily transportable rugs used to kneel during daily prayer times. The intention of the carpet was to keep an individual’s hands and knees clean while kneeling. Designs can be oriental or represent mosques and other symbols of faith. Carpets can be handmade or manufactured, and come in a variety of fabrics.
The structure of a supplication tangle depends on the town it originated from and its weaver. These rugs are typically brightened with numerous excellent geometric examples and shapes. They are now and again even designed with pictures.
In this article we are going to show you some simple steps on how to care for a prayer rug.
How care for a prayer rug
- Roll your prayer mat after each use and store it in a safe place where there is not much dust.
- Weekly brush the carpet with a hand broom or vacuum cleaner to remove dust and other unwanted particles.
- Take the prayer mat, moisten and spread it over a clean area, sprinkle some baking soda and use a soft string brush to scrub the prayer mat
- Rinse the prayer mat thoroughly and let it dry in a sunny, flat place possible. After it is dry use a soft string brush to scrub the carpet. This should be done every 6 months.
- Prayer rugs should be cleaned at least once a year with carpet cleaner to keep it in the best possible condition.
Warning: Do not wash the rug in hot water, this can cause defects of no return on the prayer mat.
The care of a prayer rug is important for the Muslim faithful. This are distinguished from other rugs because a small area that is pointing towards the direction of the Muslim prayer, Mecca, when a person prays.
There are numerous supplication prayer rugs in presence today that have been dealt with for more than 100 years. In many cases, they have been quickly and deliberately moved after every petition.
This is why is so important to care care of your prayer rug.